Board Examination Understand Helpful hints
It’s that time of the year when feverish preparations begin – the Examination Fever. Many young students are getting ready for the biggest test of these academic lives, one which will determine their selection of career and how their futures will shape up. The 10th standard examinations or Board Examinations follow many patterns according to the syllabi and the academic councils the schools are affiliated to. Getting high marks and percentages overall in all subjects is key to enhancing chances of a good education in a reputed institution; therefore students should take extra steps in equipping themselves well in the preparations for exam study.
Students at this level have six to seven subjects with allocation of marks and grades combined for a topic grouping. Mathematics and Science take predominance over other subjects like Social Studies 2021 waec expo, English or Other Languages. This is because for some technical courses post school and getting admitted into college be determined by excellent percentages in those two subjects. While subjects like English be determined by the student’s excellent uptake of grammar and presentation of answers in a nice format with the relevant points concisely written, Mathematics and Science depend largely on accuracy in answers and results.
Some examination methods for High School
• By understanding the format of exams corresponding to the syllabus undertaken, a student can work-out a study schedule according to subjects that require more attention and time. Having a timetable based subject-wise and topic-wise will greatly benefit your study schedule; bear in mind to complete the schedule according to the timetable you’ve prepared
• Talking about previous question paper samples and guides helps obtain an insight into the sort of questions which can be expected and prepare a mental plan on the best way to answer the questions
• Resorting to malpractices or depending entirely on memorizing content could be disastrous. In case of exam panic or perhaps a wrong move, the mind adopts a freeze making thinking and recollection difficult. It is better to comprehend content, rephrase questions on what best to bring out the answers and keep doing the tasks over and over to master the strategy and analyze and correct mistakes, especially in problem solving
• One of the greatest approaches to retain content the student has read is to publish down points or make brief notes that will remember key points to get ready the flow of content
• When in doubt, seek help. Parents, teachers, friends, guides are always around to help clear doubts. Published guides help but where they fail is the sort of one on a single interaction that you’ll have with peers and superiors
• Learn to practice time management which will be very essential in answering question papers. Practicing writing speeds might help improve answering skills when time is of utmost importance
Besides these academic tips, there are many areas that the student needs to remember when get yourself ready for Board exams.
i. Select a study area without distractions and ambient noises from traffic, TV screens, computers and other gadgets that could be a disturbance or intrusion. Conversations with friends could be limited to times when you take a break from studying
ii. Getting proper nutrition, exercise and sleep recharges the body and fills it with energy resources which are very essential. Skipping meals and sleeping less will tire the body and mind and give you exhausted by the time examinations arrive
iii. Avoid places and situations that could cause anger and negative emotions to surface. The unnecessary anxiety and worry won’t help by any means
iv. Always take constant breaks from study to re-energize the mind and body. Cramming mental performance with a lot of information or a lot of facts in a short span of time is not a good idea. Take time off to indulge in a favorite hobby like hearing music, painting or photography; going for a short walk and meeting friends for a walk is recommended provided this doesn’t cut into your daily study schedule and you are able to get back into study mode again